Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Accountants or Clinicians?

So here is the thing ... it takes years and years for emotional architecture to develop; our own unique responses to stimuli - indiosyncratic thoughts, feelings and behaviours. Sometimes that architecture needs a repair or even a partial dismantling.

NHS prescription for such delicate and sacred work?? .... 6 sessions of operationalised guided self help. So who do you think came up with that one? - accountants or clinicians? OOOOoooh its a tough one!

2 comments:

trousers said...

Do you really expect me to answer that one? Particularly with the funding issues that my own work has been up against!

Fire Byrd said...

It's just as well I'm a qualified psychotherapist to understand this post. If I was an IAPT I probably wouldn't have a clue.
Welcome back dearest!
xx